“THE TREE WILL BE WHAT IT RECEIVES FROM ITS ROOTS.”
“How good it is to work for God.” (Fr Jean Gailhac)
As pilgrims walking in the footsteps of Fr. Gailhac and of our first Sisters, we seek to continue growing in the Institute`s spirit of faith and zeal, whose life-generating mission we have inherited. This gathering helped to deepen our sharing and welcome of one another. The changes concerning the Mother House challenged us to open up to new ways of sharing its values.
Inspired by creative fidelity, we commit ourselves:
- To work on personal transformation through openness to dialogue, attentive listening and to be supportive to one another.
- To collaborate in the life-giving mission of the Institute in the different ministries entrusted to us, while embracing the Paschal Mystery in our daily lives.
- To deepen relationships and unity among ourselves and to continue helping and supporting each other as RSHM Sisters.
- To live the values of justice, peace and integrity of creation in a prophetic manner as RSHM, engaging in the care of our common home and learning more about safeguarding.
- To be women of prayer, both personal and communal, and to make use of our Sources for personal reflection and growth.
- To communicate with joy, the charism of the Institute, collaborating faithfully in vocation promotion wherever we are.
- To deepen our ability to discern God’s will in light of our charism and the signs of our times.
Nourished by our history and having drunk from the well of our sources, we seek to stand on the shoulders of those who walked before us. We are inspired to continue the life-giving mission of Jesus Christ in the world today.
Aélita, Aida, Celine, Daniela, Elizabeth, Izaura, Joanita, Lesley, Luísa, Mary, Naomi, Perpetual, Plynet, Precious, Previladge, Rhânella and Rosita
Béziers, 28th December 2022 – 13th January 2023